Make-up Ideas for Green Eyes to Make Them Dazzle
4 minutes read
If you were born with aquamarine, hazel, or emerald eye colour, you are probably on the hunt for the best make-up ideas for green eyes to shine. In fact, green eye colour is the rarest globally; only 2% of people have it, so here’s how you can learn to highlight and ensure yours do pop.
What looks good with green eyes? Like with blue and brown eyes, you can find the principles of matching colours on a colour wheel. The most complementary matches on a colour wheel are analogous colours that sit next to each other and colours from the opposite sides of the wheel.
Colours that make green eyes stand out
Some of the pro-make-up palettes are filled with a rainbow of colours. So, what are the best shades for green eyes? This will also help find what to wear to make green eyes stand out.
- Red, bronze, pink and purple colours are opposite to green on the colour wheel, which means that they emphasise green eyes and make them pop.
For example, check out Ombre 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in 03 Flame Gradation. It is a perfect combination of red, pink and copper, with matte and shimmer options perfect for green eyes. It’s a quad of intensely pigmented eyeshadows enriched with natural Bamboo Powders to ensure it stays put all day long.
- Yellow and blue colours sit next to green on the colour wheel, and that’s why they make the prettiest matches with green shades.
- Silver colour works well on cool-toned green eyes to highlight their natural pigments.
How you can bring out green eyes
Follow a few make-up rules to highlight your green eyes.
1. Make-up artist Sandy Linter recommends applying your highlighter to an inner corner of the eye and an upper eyelid to make your eyes look bigger.
2. The lighter your green eye colour is — the lighter the shade of eyeshadow you use should be
3. If your skin tone is warm, choose golden, bronze and red colours; if cool, stick to blue, silver and purple tones for maximum impact.
4. When using red and pink tones, don’t forget to outline your eyes and use mascara to avoid looking tired or tearful.
5. To highlight green eyes, you can sometimes use green pigments, especially if your hair is in the opposite colour, for example, red or copper.
In this case, you can take a Waterproof Eye Pencil in the Green Forest shade. Thanks to its precision tip, you can create thin lines, but also you can easily blend for a smoky effect.
Make-up looks for green eyes
How to create full-face make–up for green eyes? See some inspirational tips from make-up artists and bloggers.
Make–up ideas for green eyes: red eyeshadows and lips
Red and even orange warm tones beautifully contrast green eyes. In addition, long eyelashes and defined eyebrows make eyes appear even larger.
Green eyes make–up for bronze skin tones
To highlight the beauty of green eyes, choose sun-kissed and soft, warm tones of eyeshadows and a bronzer.
For a luminous effect, choose the Ever Bronze Compact Powder duo. It will help you highlight your best features and warm up your skin, and the plant-infused powder also helps to leave skin hydrated and comfortable.
Eyeshadow looks for green eyes: purple
From bright violet to pale lavender, all purple shades take yellowness out of green eyes, so they dazzle.
What colour makes green eyes pop?
Silver eyeshadows and highlighters show the cool tones of green eyes, and make them appear larger. Apply a sheer layer across the lids, or pop a saturated dot of silver in the inner corners of the eyes.
What eyeshadow colours look good with green eyes?
Yellow and green are a great match. It might be a bright, warm-toned hue, but it’s still a natural combination that everyone with green eyes should try.
How do you bring out green eyes? Use pink blush and eyeshadows
All pink colours, from neon to pastel, make green eyes pop. Pink eyeshadows and blush are strongly recommended for green eyes. For a tonal effect, finish the look with a petal pink lip.
Make-up ideas for green eyes with blue eyeshadows or eyeliner
The colour blue is very similar to green – they’re both cool tones. So, blue can highlight the bright aquamarine tones in your eyes. To get this look, try a cobalt eyeshadow. Or use a blue eye pencil in the waterline or to create a classic winged eyeliner look. You could even experiment with navy mascara.
Next read: 9 Eyeshadow Palettes To Upgrade Your Look